Friday, July 23, 2010

Do people really pay $10,000L for a house or skybox?

While I was searching for homes and skyboxes in the last few weeks, I quickly discovered that there was a huge range in listed prices...and that higher prices did not necessarily indicate higher quality. Yet, there are many vendors listing houses and skyboxes on XStreetSL/Second Life Marketplace for $1000L, $5000L, $10,000L and more! I'm not sure why that's the case, since even a newbie could easily find low-pried homes on the site.

As with any other category, there is a lot of junk in the residental structures section, There are some real finds as well. Here's a listing of some of my favorites, from $22L to $500L. Since I was looking for a house with about 100 prims or less, and a skybox in the 15-20 prim range, I have primarily focused on those specs. If a designer has a shop in-world, I've tried to add the SLURL so you can hopefully see rezzed samples of the homes. If a designer has a lot of different houses on the XStreetSL site, I've provided a link to the search results for those houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment