Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Linden Home update

I'm now comfortably settled in a Plumtree, a model that I haven't tried before. It features a first floor with a step-up living area and a nook under the stairs. The second story has a small loft set apart from the main living space and a deck with a small pool.

Currently I've got my photo studio in the main area on the second floor, and plan to use the loft area as a bedroom (the bed's in there already). This still leaves room on the second floor for a bathroom (or, as I may do, just a tub) and a sitting area.

I really like this floor plan; so far this and the Grayson are my favorites of the Meadowbrook homes. I've also tried the two Skylight models; for various reasons I feel those designs were designed with less optimum usability (two examples: one of those models has stairs that are easy to fall off; and at least one of the models has an L-shaped area on the second floor that is pretty much unusable - too wide to simply be a walkway and too narrow to be used as living space.

I'm keeping with the shabby chic theme right now, especially as I finish out the shabby chic store tour. It is very typical to see modern furniture in the Meadowbrook homes so I wanted to do something different. Those of you who prefer a different style, never fear, I am going to feature other styles in the future and will be doing "resets" featuring different styles.

In the photos above and at left there are pieces by bitter vanilla, La'Licious, Shabby Chic furniture, and other designers. I'll be giving a more in-depth report on what I'm using as things progress.

With everything moved I've moved in so far, I've only used about 65 prims of my total 117 prim allowance!  That leaves a lot of prims to use in the remaining furniture pieces and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment